your dog to give paw
Teach your dog how to give paw.
This is a beginner level trick
that not only looks cute, but
also constructively develops
your dog's brain. Like any dog
training or trick training your
dog will be using up some of his
energy by having to think. A
tired dog is a good dog!
1. Get a few tasty treats ready.
2. Lift the dogs paw off of the
ground and say the command of
your choice. Use something such
as " give me your paw", or
3. Immediately reward him with a
4. Repeat this exercise several
times over the course of 3
5. Once the exercise is done
take a break for a while.
6. Try another 3 minute session.
Eventually you will see that the
dog catches on to the action
(giving you his paw) that gets
him his reward (the treat). As
this habit begins to develop you
can fade out the act of having
to actually lift his paw, and
eventually having to give him a
7. Once you begin to fade the
treats, make sure you replace
that praise with some petting
and "good boy" in a nice,
[Back to Articles]